Friday, September 8, 2017

That Was "Suite"

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I was invited to speak to parents at a private Catholic school in Ciudad Juarez this week.  The titile was, "Bilingualism In My School".  I was told in advance that I would only have 45 minutes but I extended it to a little over an hour.  I guess they really wanted me to speak at their school.  I arrived to the hotel and the front desk called a bellman and said, "please show Mr. Bauer to our master suite".     I arrived in the afternoon just after 1 p.m. and left the next morning at 8 a.m.   Fun trip, great people and they want me back!

Sounds cool, doesn't it?  Not really.  I'm just about through with all of this.  The pay is good, the strokes are always welcome.  In the end,  I'd rather be rving somewhere sitting under the trees with smell of pine, chirping birds and wildlife and watching the sun come up and go down with the stars above me before I turn in.




Ciudad Juarez has come a long way in the last 10 years.  It's safe at night, the streets are clean and the avenues wide.  New housing is everywhere and their not typical cheap, tiny houses.  This is a shot of the Mormon Temple and the surrounding neighborhood.   There are many now.

Lots of gated communities, new strip malls, restaurants, car dealerships, and private schools.

Did I mention that the house in San Antonio is up for sale?   I've notified the tenants and we sign the contract on November 1st.  Looks like we're making some changes.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Remember my new mantra... there will always be lots of work available. There may not always be lots of time available...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that. One step at a time and we're getting closer. Better to be in the air though than sitting in an office all day. Pretirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So! This is you? First time here looking around!

    George

    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi George! Hopefully we'll be rving here soon. We're still working so it's an off and on again thing. I try to post once a week with what is going on around here. Bienvenidos!

    ReplyDelete