Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Visit to Cali, Colombia

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

It was quite a trip getting to Bogota on Monday.  I arrived Sunday night to Mexico City but it was late, sometime after 12:30.  The flight had been delayed twice and it really got on my nerves.  That said, I was able to get a few hours sleep before reporting to the airport at 5:30 a.m.   The good thing was that I had all my papers and boarding passes ready and all my luggage was carry on.  No wait, no lines and I sailed through immigration asking for my exit permit.   

Breakfast enchiladas made with flor de calabasa, oaxaca cheese, and a green salsa.


The international section of the Mexico City Airport is really something.  Huge, modern, has a duty-free shopping mall similar to the internationl section in DFW.   I had a coffee while I was waiting to board.  Lucky for me my flight is first class.  The manager in Bogota really knows how to take care of visitors.   

I arrived in Bogota after a four hour flight.   Very comfortable and I watched a great movie, Arrival.  I was so sleepy but the movie had me so entrenched I just couldn't leave it.   In fact, I never really slept.  

Arriving in Bogota I only had a one-hour time frame to get my connection to Cali.   I didn't run but I sured built up a sweat getting to Colombian immigration.   The line was forever long and I thought I would miss my flight.  15 minutes later I was presenting my passport, explaining my stay and off to my connecting flight.   Bogota International has grown quite a bit since my last visit 12 years ago.  Beautiful.  

As I arrived to my gate I heard my name.  Hmm, I turned around and it was the Colombian manager.  He was flying with me to Cali.   Worked out great and I made the flight. 

Cali Airport


In Cali one of the educational consultants picked us up and out for lunch we went.  Needless to say, getting to my hotel room I crashed and was down for two hours.  


Very comfortable two room suite.


Tomorrow, I'll share my walking tour of Cali.   I return to Bogota in the morning, presenting at 4 p.m. and then back to Mexico City on Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment