Friday, June 24, 2016

Got The Luz Verde (Green Light)

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Being my impatient self, I couldn't wait for the director of the botanial gardens in San Miguel to answer.   I called on Wednesday and he said he had just sent the answer about an hour before.   Of course I can spend a month at the gardens parked in front.   I told him if there was a special weekend event I could take off for a couple of days.   San Ramon rv park is close by and I will need to go at least twice to dump the tanks during the month.  

I think I found a better gym while I'm there.   They charge the same as the gym we have always gone to.   However, this one has showers.  That's a good thing.  I will save a lot on water use since there aren't any hookups.  I fill up before leaving home and that should last for two weeks if not more now that I have a shower place.  

Yesterday I worked on the batteries cleaning them up and watering them.   I keep them in pretty good shape.  They're going on six years now and still going strong.  The big panel helps too to keep them up and running.   Once there is a hint of daylight they start charging.

I think I will leave on Monday or Tuesday.  We are expecting some heavy rainstorms over the weekend.  Juan will fly down to Queretaro on the third weekend of July and we will take two weeks heading home via Zacatecas and Durango.  The one way on Volaris Airlines is $54 U.S.   The same as taking a bus overnight.  


7 comments:

  1. That sounds exciting.as we strolled by our yucca plant this morning, which is almost in bloom we thought of you two.it was 2 years ago that it set flower and you showed up.All is well here, Perth is celebrating its 200th anniversary, so lots going on.

    Safe travels my friends
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been reviewing the blog everyday checking where we were in Canada in 2014. Highlights from Perth; spending time with you guys, the fantastic pizza you cooked on the grill, our trip to the downtown area, our historical walking tour, and our picnic out by the locks. Really good times. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice spot at the botanical gardens. We've stayed there several times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic on getting the SMA spot. Wish we could be there. We're on the last day of our magical journey. Now to plan the next one. Glad Little Bit is better. Hi to Doc Juan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you. Keep us updated with posts. Are you taking Lil Bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Bit is going with us. The doctor gave him the okay to travel. His eye is open and almost back to normal. A little swelling in the iris but other than that he should be as good as new. The collar is off and he is sitting on the porch watching the birds.

      Delete
  5. All set to go, always good to see that green light! Keep posting so we can keep track of you.

    ReplyDelete