Sunday, December 20, 2015

Where We Are Now

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Sunday evening and watching the Miss Universe pageant.  Why?  Because while you know who is watching I'm surfing the internet.  The weather here is still up and down and right now we have the heat on because the house is chilly.  Soon, we'll be in Mazatlan at the beach.   We won't stay but about 10 days as we need to be back.  My schedule for January and February is filled now and they are all travel related.   My Texas work will keep me in the Laredo-San Antonio corridor and I was able to strike a deal so that all my hotel nights are covered even though Texas is supposed to be my home base.

The trailer is just about ready to roll and I have a "to do" is well under way for tomorrow.  Easy stuff the only time consuming item is a check up on belts, hoses and fluids.   New shocks were put on the front of the SUV and the difference is quite notable.

The weekend was a great start to vacation and we went to the family posada last night.  A good time had by all and it was a meat lovers delight.   I had pasta with tomato sauce and I brought my own bread for an avocado torta.   

Contessa reminds me that we need to have a dish for the dinner and we are bringing an excellent green bean casserole that is meat free.  No animal fat or bacon.   

We are long overdue for a trip.   Tuesday morning is takeoff so we have two more sleeps (I always wanted to say that :) )   First stop is Leon Guzman where we always boondock.  It's an even split in terms of kms but I think we need to get an early start on Wednesday because we are taking the Espinazo de Diablo to Mazatlan which will be slow going but beautiful.  We hope to get to the isla in time for Christmas Eve and happy hour.

8 comments:

  1. See you in a couple "sleeps". Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye out on the weather thru the mountains. Hopefully it will clear up. Happy hour and a large cast of friends await your arrival on the 24th.

    Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy travels you two. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, same to you and Mo! I hope you're sending out a letter with an update. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Where at do you guys live/stay in Mexico? My husband and I are wanting to move down to sabinas hidalgo n.l cause that's where is originally from. I'm kinda nervous lol you know cause you hear so much on the news ect.. I haven't been there for about 5 years.. Think I have anything to worry about down there? How's the crime ect down there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in Santiago. Sabinas Hidalgo is a very nice town and has grown quite a bit. It's no longer the dusty town it used to be. It's very modern and the main avenue is very nice with lots of stores. You'll like it there a lot and Monterrey is very close by. The best of both worlds, the border and Monterrey. Send me a mail if you want more info. living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas and safe travels from La Cruz!!!!! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete