Thursday, July 23, 2015

Walking In The Botanical Garden

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Last night was a real doozer.  Up several times with the cat.  There was one of the heaviest rains ever that caused flash flooding and rolling thunder.  It thundered for hours.  Unbelievable but the cat was nudging up to me all night.  He woke me up at least four times.  He's never had that problem.  I think it was the constant thunder.  You can see by the picture below of the dam how much water is pouring over it.  

The dam was built at the beginning of the 20th century to carry water through the broken pipe you see in the picture (click to enlarge).   This generated electricity for the textile mill Fabrica La Aurora.  I may go back tomorrow and get a pic of the giant turbines that powered the mill.


You can see how high the water is in the reservoir.   

I went to the gym late, around 9 a.m.   I only did spinning for an hour and no weights.  I had the cable made so I can connect the trailer directly to the inverter.   I returned a booster I had picked up at Office Depot.  I explained the issue to the salesman and he said buy it and if it doesn't do what you want you have seven days to bring it back.  So I did, it didn't do much so I took it back.

I piddled around the trailer for a bit, rested and then hit the trails.   I took my time, stopped and even took a nap on a wall I found under some shade.  Took a lot of pictures and pretty much tried to take in all the sights I could reading the names of all the plants, cacti, trees and flowers.  It was fun and I will do it again.



It's time to close, almost 8 p.m.  The wind is picking up and it looks like rain again.  Tonight it will drop down to 11C.  This is great, imagine in Monterrey it is 41 during the day.   Pajamas, a good movie and a glass of wine.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that Lil Bit was upset with the noise. So nice that you had each other for comfort. Love PJ's, great wine and a good movie.

    ReplyDelete