Monday, July 20, 2015

A Trip To The Train Station

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Down the street from where I had a quesadilla for lunch today.


Man was it cold last night.  I loved it.  I had on two blankets and the windows open.   I watched the movie last night, Buck Howard.  A pretty good flick.   I set the alarm for 5:45 and got up to my ritual of feeding the cat, making the coffee and watching the news.   Pena Nieto says he is out to recapture El Chapo and that it's the only way to settle this.



When I got to the gym it was nice to see familiar faces.  Not much has changed and I had a great workout.  Weights and then 30 minutes of spinning.  After, I took the SUV for an oil change.  It takes seven quarts of oil and the filter, the cost was $37 dollars.  

Headed back to the ranch to shower and check my email before heading out to the train station.  It's not a big deal but I like train stations.  If you remember our trips to New York and Toronto there were plenty of pics from the train station.




Unfortunately it's closed so you can't go inside.  The building is nice though.  The interesting part of all this is there were about four guys across the tracks hanging out under a tree.  They yelled across that they were from Honduras waiting to jump the train, La Beastia (The Beast), to the United States.  What is interesting is that this is becoming a trend.   Mexicans posing as Central Americans are carrying dirty backpacks and fake IDs and hanging out on city streets like Monterrey asking for money.  Most are just bums or druggies looking for some quick cash.

In Monterrey, immigration got involved and uncovered the story that was then presented on the news.  They said if they aren't illegals it's not a crime to ask for money.

4 comments:

  1. ...the cost was $37 dollars.

    They're charging in dollars now in San Miguel? Too many expats I suppose! Just kidding...I'm sure it was in pesos.

    I notice today that there is now 16 pesos to one U.S. dollar for the first time. That will be sure to attract even more illegals to the U.S. Our friends in Puerto Escondido have already crossed the border for another two year stint because of the high exchange rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in pesos! I was just checking to see what the shock value would be, cheap or expensive. All petroleum products here are expensive now. Gurus here say the exchange rate is due to Greece and the fact that the U.S. won't make a change in their interest rate.

      Delete
  2. In my English class last semester I had an Immigration official and Javier told me in SMA alone they arrest over 150 illegals and send them to DF and back to their own countries every month....les

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Mexican wastrels are posing as desperate Central American immigrants?!? Who knew? At least this is news to me. As I was reading your piece, I was wondering why those guys drew attention to themselves at the train station, but as I read farther, then it made perfect sense.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where there are plenty of Central Americans but few Mexicans.

    ReplyDelete