Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Clintons And Their Money

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I'm having a hard time grasping the media rage over the Clintons and their money.   I'm neither Dem or Rep so I think I can see things a little bit straighter than others especially since I have lived outside the country for so long similar to our Canadian neighbors.

It's a fact that the Hillary and Bill are the highest paid politicians on the speaking circuit.  What does that tell us?  They are in demand by major companies such as:


Why the demand over other politicians from the same or other parties including Bush and Cheney?  They have something people want and they are willing to pay them to hear what they have to say and what they have to offer.

That said,  I wouldn't vote for Hillary because she is a woman.  In fact, personal opinion here, I didn't vote for Obama.  I'm not a party man, I wouldn't  have voted for him because he was black.  I know how this works and people will vote for Hillary because she is a woman, or another female candidate.   After that, it will be a gay candidate.   That's not a reason to vote.  Vote for the best candidate.  That's the problem with party loyalty.   We're talking about a country, a population, and much, much more.

Just my two cents for the day!

3 comments:

  1. Hola Chris -

    Do you mean you wouldn't have voted for Obama JUST because he's black, or because he's black? And you wouldn't vote for Hilary JUST because she's a woman or because she's a woman? I think I know what you're saying but wanted to clarify....

    Hope things are back to normal after your sudden storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb. I meant to say that I wouldn't vote for someon "just because" they are black, female, or gay. I vote because the candidate shows promise as a president. That said, I do like Hillary and I have no issues with them having money, or anyone else for that fact. Rich people do good things like provide jobs. Obama for me has turned out to be a mediocre president. It is a shame that he has had to face so much Rep opposition.

      Delete
  2. Got it. I agree on not voting for someone "just because"....

    ReplyDelete