Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Counting Down The Days

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Not much to report around here other than counting down the days.  We're excited and waiting for the waybill to show up on the system showing that the visa is on its way.   

The worker did quite a bit on the pool and we hope to have it finished this weekend, rain pending.  I ordered the Passport America pass and downloaded the Walmart overnight listing and I've gone over the FreeCampgrounds.net page finding it better than some of the others.   Jerry and Paula lent us their copy of the Canada version to get us through the country and then we'll return it when we meet up with them.

It has been raining off and on since I installed the fantastic fan and no water or moisture to be found so I guess I did a good job.  Hey, if a guy in a factory can do it so can I.

8 comments:

  1. When are you heading out? We've never downloaded the Wal-Mart listing but buy a Rand McNally road atlas at Wal-Mart and there is a section that lists all the Wal-Marts, their address (and what internet exit they are close to). We've stopped at several that have signs posted "No Overnight Parking"... but go inside and ask and are permitted to stay. As for the daffodil bulbs... do you mean you've had them for 16 years but not planted them? If so, they probably aren't viable. But regardless, unless they are shriveled up to nubbins, I'd probably plant the anyway. Can't hurt to try. Bill carried the ones he planted here in Texas around in a bucket for about a month before they got planted. They're trying... but it's just too damned dry here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a Walmart map but that thing died in the water, worn out and used up. I belong to the Yahoo group "walmartrving". They have many different files you can download. Very good group. The bulbs have been in a dark place wrapped up in a box. When my mom passed away and they sold the house, my oldest sister dug them up and sent them to us. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Where will you guys be in Maine this summer? We want to stop by.

      Delete
  2. Chris, remember to consider Home Depots and Lowe's for overnights instead of Walmart. They close earlier and are thus quieter - have wifi and we have never been approached. Sam's Club as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa for the tip. Do you go into the store and ask for permission? If so, what was the acceptance rate more or less? Sounds like a good back up plan.

      Delete
    2. Nope - we don't go in and ask - actually we have never gone and asked at big box stores. BUT - we've never parked at the one's that say 'no overnight parking'.

      Delete
    3. Personally, we always go in and ask, but that's just us. And, Home Depot or Lowes should be your first choice for overnights, not Walmarts.

      Also, don't forget about Harvest Hosts...can't figure why anybody wouldn't choose that over a big box store.

      Delete
    4. I haven't discounted Harvest Hosts, but would feel obligated to buy their product. I haven't been to a winery in the U.S. so I don't know how much that would cost us. Let's say it's $20, I can get a Passport America site in many places for $10 with FHU. I couldn't stay without buying something, just like at Walmart or Lowe's.

      Delete
  3. I can hear the excitement in your voice!

    ReplyDelete