Sunday, January 12, 2014

At The Border This Week

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

This morning we drove up to the border to teach a three day course.   Fun trip up.   It's always interesting to be in the car together sharing stories and sometimes talking nonsense.   Juan played his solitaire on the laptop while I sang my own lyrics to just about any song that came on the radio as I changed stations.

Uneventful to say the least although it rained a bit off and on.   The road was pretty quiet and we did see a caravan heading south of about five rigs.   I assume they were from Quebec, not many others travel in small packs much less a caravan.

We arrived to the shopping center at the intersection of the 85 and Hwy 2.   Juan dropped me off with a taxi and he drove on to Matamoros where he will be working.   The taxi driver wanted to charge me 150 pesos when we got to the hotel.  I said to him, "you've got to be kidding".   He said that was the rate and I told him he could do better.  He then said, "well, what about 100 pesos".   I answered back with 80 and he smiled and we were both happy.

I'm at the Holiday Inn and it, as always, is very nice.  The food in the restaurant is pretty blah so tomorrow I will be eating out.   

I want to thank both Bill and Croft for the suggestion on the muffin fan.   I guess I can pick up any old used one from a computer guy at home and stick it in there.   What a novel idea.   I went ahead and ordered the Fantastic Fan this afternoon and it will be delivered to a friend's house.   We are going by to pick up mail but I doubt that the fan will make it.   I will be back the first week of February so I can get it then.  

Off to bed, tomorrow is a long day and I want to go to the gym first.  Running on the treadmill is a good way to get things in order for the day.

4 comments:

  1. I know you couldn't have haggled Taxi fare here in the U.S.
    What a Bauer!!!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you couldn't have haggled Taxi fare here in the U.S.
    What a Bauer!!!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete