Saturday, June 29, 2013

Guess I Got Busy

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

If you haven't seen this video, you need to watch it.   It is so San Miguel, I laughed my ass off.  (Sorry, don't know why I am having trouble downloading the video directly into my blog).  Click on the link.


I lost track of time yesterday.   Did the usual gym stuff, dropped off the laundry and did a little shopping.  We brought our own blankets and pillows  so I wanted to have everything clean and ready for when Juan shows up next Tuesday or Wednesday.  He said last night on the phone, "It's hotter than shit here".   Told ya.  So it won't be long before he is here and we can do some sightseeing.

I went looking for a garage sale yesterday to see if I could find some knick knacks for the casita.   Never found the place but I did run into some interesting shops along the way.   I finally got one woman to say hello to me.  Maybe they think I am on the make or something, hmmm.   Maybe I still have it!  But the long walk was fun and I also stood for awhile in front of La Siesta or what's left of it.

After my nap I saw I had missed two phone calls from my friend Dorothy.  I rang her up only to find out she had a lead on a Toyota Rav4 in Celaya.   She asked if we could buzz over there and I told her I was dressed and ready to go.  I picked up the laundry on the way.

Making a long story short, we met a man and his son at the CostCo.  The Rav is in excellent condition, all papers in order, and drives really well.    The man invited us to his house and showed us around.   A rancher who has three kids, a lovely wife and works hard to make a living.   He showed us the rest of the papers he had and Dorothy left a deposit.   We go back on Monday to finalize the deal and transfer the title.   We will go by the attorney general's office where we can do a background check on the VIN number just to give the visto bueno and a run by the dealer's to give it a once over.

By the time I dropped Dorothy off and got home it was 9 p.m.   We had a fun though chatting up a storm in the car.  When Juan gets here Dorothy is going to show us a restaurant she thinks we will like, Nirvana.

2 comments:

  1. Had a little trouble getting the video to play straight through... but I guess that gave me time to wonder how my gawd-awful Spanish comes through when we're in Mexico, etc.... sure hope I don't come across as silly and self-centered ;-) Funny as hell, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was very funny. Did you see part 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qCMkb1E5U

    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

    ReplyDelete