Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday - Time For Barbacoa


I got home Friday afternoon as planned.  After I arrived to the airport in Guadalajara, I called the bus company to see how I could avoid two hours of constant bus stops through the city and arrive to the bus stop on the outskirts of town.  The woman was very nice and explained to me exactly where I needed to go.  I proceeded to the taxi booth in the airport and told the guy what I wanted.  In two minutes I was in a cab and on my way. 

The bus stop was really a bunch of food stands covered with tacky awnings and after being there for about 10 minutes a heavy rain began to fall.  We all huddled together as people waited for buses going to various destinations.  After 30 minutes my bus arrived and I was on my way.  Remember I had boarded my plane at noon and now, at 3 p.m. I was on my way up the mountain road to Mazamitla.  The kid sitting next to me struck up a conversation (right!) and we talked all the way.   Good kid, studying at the university and on the way to visit his grandparents for the weekend. 

The bus pulled into Mazamitla at 5 p.m. sharp.  I think I have this down pat, I may have to return to D.F. for a meeting on the 12th.   Got to the Hacienda and had cocktails and relaxed the rest of the evening.  Yesterday was a downtime day.  I did absolutely nothing.  Slept and watched tv.  It has been raining a lot and the grass is growing. 

This afternoon I will do some weedeating.   My editing project awaits and I have a deadline to meet so that must get started also.

But, first things first.  Time to nourish my body and the best way is with some good ole barbacoa de borrego.  Thanks Barb for giving directions to the place.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad Chris, we know how you hate being bothered by idle conversation!

    ReplyDelete