Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We Have 12 Volts!


I know for most of you this is not a big deal but for this rocket scientist (not) it is a real triumph.  I worked slowly on this because I didn't want to short anything out.  Keep in mind, it isn't like we have an rv dealer right down the street much less to say in the whole republic.

To was the day and I decided to just do it.  I didn't have all the necessary tools, clips, etc. but I was determined to get it down.  Black electric tape, the website "The 12V Side of Life", lots of sweat and I got the job done.  Once everything was hooked up, I went in the trailer to turn the breakers back on.  First I turned on a ceiling light so that when I threw the switch I would know immediately if we had 12 volts.   Well, I threw the switch and nothing.  Oh sh--! I thought.   Then I remembered that Funfinder now includes a battery cut off switch.  I reached under the cabinet, flipped the switch and on came the light.  Yahoooo!  We have 12 volts.

Also, tomorrow I am picking up a new Guia Roji.  Our old one was a 2005 so I threw it away.  We really don't use maps but I decided it is time to get with the program.  So along with our Church book, Guia Roji and maybe a download of Mexico maps to our TomTom.  They want 50 bucks for the download and to be honest I haven't been too impressed with TomTom in the U.S.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a Becker GPS "Scratch & Dent" for about $25 with maps. Later at the same vendor, I found another Becker, without maps, for $6. So I bought it, Copied the maps from the SD card to another SD card, and both now work as new. So, if you can find a friend with the TomTom Mexican maps, see if you can copy to a card that fits your Tom Tom. It worked with the Beckers.

    ReplyDelete