Sunday, January 9, 2011

60 Minutes Report - Santiago, N.L.

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I hope everyone can tune in tonight to see the following report on my town of Santiago, N.L. and what we have been dealing with. I don't have a clue what the content will be but I am sure it will be interesting.

Byron Pitts reports on the murder of the mayor of a Mexican city, where powerful drug gangs seem to be giving authorities a choice of "silver or lead" - join us and we will pay you or don't and we'll kill you. Sunday, Jan. 9, 7 p.m. ET/PT.

1 comment:

  1. We watched the show last night. Very sad situation, the Mayor seemed to be a very good man!

    They are correct, these situations are making it impossible to get good people to run for office and will make it easy for the cartels to place their own hand picked people in office.

    It is a very sad situation for Mexico and it is hard to see a quick solution. I still believe that any solution must include action in the USA to stop the easy distribution of illegal drugs and the unhindered export of guns and cash.

    My heart goes out to the Mexican people. They deserve much better.

    ReplyDelete