Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thanks To Everyone

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Thanks to everyone who has contacted us or posted a message. The cleanup here at the house is underway, most of it superficial. We learned some lessons and we will take action to prevent this from happening again. I dont know why, but I have a funny feeling we are going to see another hurricane this season and we really cant afford to have it happen. The city may be under reconstruction for at least a year. Many major bridges were either destroyed or will have to be torn down creating major transportation problems. I just accepted a six week project with the education department which will require travel to Monterrey everyday. Fortunately, a good friend of ours who has a house for rent in town may let us stay there for the duration of my project.

One lesson Mexicans still havent learned is that insurance is invaluable and most of all cheap, costing less than 100 dollars per year for every 50,000 dollars of coverage. I was reminded of this just last week as our insurance agent called to renew our home policy.

Jonna thanks for your concern and comments.

Bill, say hi to Mo.

I will be leaving for Oaxaca Monday morning. Now a good thing, my flight leaves at 6:15 a.m. so I should miss part of the mess of an attempted return to work and school in the middle of complete chaos.

2 comments:

  1. You will have to stock up on sandbags for the next one! It sounds like your area did much better than other parts of the city. News is very sparse up here so thanks for keeping us all up to date.

    What is with this "work"? I thought you were retiring! Keep having fun and "hi" to Juan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a relief that you had so little damage. My other norteƱo friend in Saltillo reported he and family are OK as well so I'm relieved. He also said that the road between Monclova and Piedras Negras (the border) is closed due to bridges and overpasses down. Let's hope that is it for this season although I think we will have more action down here.

    ReplyDelete