Monday, January 11, 2010

Oaxaca - A Ghost In My Room

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I arrived in Oaxaca about 7:30 last night. It is colder than a (insert whatever you want). I have had the misfortune of being put in an old hotel that is paid for by the education department. I am being paid well so I guess I need to put up or shut up.

I brought my own coffeemaker, coffee mug and my own cocktail glass along with a laundry list of other travel goods. I know my job well and when I need to come prepared.

I have cable TV and excellent wifi which is the bare minimum I couldn't live without. Last night I went to bed and I know myself very well. Many of you know I do not use locks much less a chain on my door. When I woke up this morning the chain was latched on the inside of my door. This isn't the first time I have encountered a ghost in my room. Several years ago at an embassy event in Guadalajara, I decided to stay an extra night at the Louisiana hotel. In the middle of the night someone was jumping up and down on the corner of my bed. Several times I turned on the light, checked the room and went back to bed. It continued for quite awhile until I sat up in my bed and yelled, "ya basta". The jumping stopped.

More on Oaxaca and my bad treatment later today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I just got the goose-bumps reading this post. But that must be the life... traveling in Mexico. Good luck to you. My parents are from Mexico & 1 thing they are never short on are ghost stories.

    ReplyDelete