Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oaxaca to Tuxtepec, Oax 2009

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


I don't have a lot to show you about the ride through the mountains from Oaxaca City to Tuxtepec. However, I can tell you I would do it again but at a much slower pace. We are on business and in a company car and the rep drives 1000 miles per minute. When you're behind the wheel you don't feel the curves. As a passenger at that speed it is wise to take a couple of Dramamin. I didn't and by the time we had passed four hours on this winding road at elevations of up to 7500ft I wasn't feeling like lunch anytime soon.

We went through fog, rain, and ice cold tempertures. It was beautiful. Giant ferns, elephant ear and Tarzan type vines.



We arrived in Tuxtepec safe and sound, had a drink and hit the hay for our work on Monday. Teachers are craving for new information, methodology and techniques to use in the classroom and most amazing they are interested in my course on personal finance.
I will post Tuesday's trip from Tuxtepec to Tehuantepec tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. I get busy & forget it for awhile & then I get back to it again. I have it in my "favorites", otherwise I would never know where to look for it on line. Can't remember how I ever found it in the first place. Anyway, I envy your expeditions. They sound wonderful.
    Windsor/California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have just been enjoying your posts. I am considering teaching English at UNPA down in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca and I'm wondering if you can give me any insights into the town and the university.
    I've visited much of interior Mexico, but mostly stick to the Spanish colonial towns as I enjoy the architecture, culture and history stuff!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete