Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Gotta Sick Kid



The cats enjoyed the whole trip to Florida and back. They played in the car and the trailer and seemed content overall. Nobody had the desire to run out of the trailer. Little Bit pretty much knows the routine but Missy is new to a long trip. We had a good time and I love having them along. LB sat on my lap or on the console between the seats so he could get a good look of what was going on. They really got excited if we were still driving and it got dark or in an early morning takeoff.

The last day or two in San Antonio I noticed LB was a bit sleepy all the time. I didn't think much of it because he had spent almost four weeks in the slow mode. When we got to the house, I opened the car door, opened the cat carrier and he didn't jump out like he always does. "Well", I thought, "maybe he just had too much fun and doesn't want it to end." I hauled him out and set him in the yard and he just sat there. "Maybe he's depressed from being walled in for so long."

The second day home Missy was by his side the whole time. I know cat sympathy and took LB to the vet yesterday. Sure enough, he has a kidney infection. He received one mega dose of antibiotic and then one to go which I gave him this morning. Today he went out and laid down in the grass. I was worried as cats can just go away when they think its time. I kept a close watch on him and he eventually came back in. He isn't eating much of his special renal mix and I keep offering him water. He is resting now here with me

The poor guy goes back to the vet today at 6 p.m. to see if his fever has gone and he is stabilizing. He's not out of the woods yet. I remain apprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment