Friday, January 23, 2009

Topolobampo, Sinaloa

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Finally I am getting around to posting my visit to Topolobampo just to the West of Los Mochis. I am back, by the way, in Los Mochis until tomorrow. I will work here tomorrow morning and then take off for Culiacan to spend the night so that I can catch an earlier flight home on Sunday getting to the house around noon.

I am off to McAllen, TX on Monday morning for the Snowbird Rally, hoping to inform people there about rving in Mexico. Cool!

So last weekend we were off to the beach at Topo. Man was I surprised. The road is fantastic and the whole area one of the cleanest tourist places I have ever seen. We took a detour to see the ferry but security wouldn't let us take pictures. So you can see no pictures but they are building a new terminal building and dock for the ferry.
We arrived at the beach only to find there is a place to park your rv. I would assume you could overnight there as there is security. The beach is beautiful and the sand wonderful. I know I promote the East coast but hey, I never said I didn't like the West coast. We ate seafood starting out with ceviche made with squid, octopuss, raw and cooked shrimp.


While we were there we were entertained by a trio of guys that play very good music as well as the bass player who rides his cello. It is a real kick to see their act and I guess they are well known at the beach. They were in high demand while we were there.




The beach is a great place to be during sundown. We usually get the sunrises on the East coast but there is really something special about the sun setting.


This is a shot of the restaurant where we ate on the beach. There are many and this one has tables down on the sand.

I saw this couple on the beach embracing during a romantic moment.

Wow, what I would give to be able to rv on the West coast. There is no doubt the beaches are great. The downside is the cold water, great to look at but not for swimming. So the East coast is good for that in the Winter.

As you approach the beach before crossing the bridge there is a huge bat cave. The bats come out at dusk. Be sure to cover your head.



2 comments:

  1. Good morning...I found your blog, but failed to see your name mentioned anywhere.
    This is jim Peterson, of Carson City, Nevada. I have also spent the last 22 winters, in my home in Bacubirito, Sinaloa, about 80 miles east of Topolobampo.
    I'm getting my stuff together now, to take off in October, to spend another winter there. You are invited to my home, the next time you're in the 'hood. I own an old 1863 hacienda there, so lottsa room.
    I have plans to spend some time, this winter, in Topolobampo, to do some fishing, and to see how much fish, I can eat, but I haven't been able to see about parking my motorhome there. Did you ever find out if you can park any place in town? I'd appreciate any info you have found out.
    Thanks for your blog,
    jim Peterson
    Carson City Nevada/Bacubirito Sinaloa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim, thanks very much for the invite! We haven't really rv'ed the west coast because of work, and most of all distance. We are now free to travel so don't be surprised if I contact you. You can find our email at the top of each blog post and feel free to email us. We have worked extensively in Sinaloa and also traveled to Mazatlan for a few winter trips. Please be in touch.

    ReplyDelete