Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rv.Net Snowbird Rally Rio Grande Valley

Wow, what a week. I am making up for my great life in Mexico by working my old buns off. I have been on the road since Sunday and won't finish until I get to San Antonio on Saturday. Good though, I have work and am happy for that. We are now 99% debt free and have one more bill to pay. A great feeling. After that, God willing, we will sell the house and be fully retired.
I had the greatest opportunity of my life on Monday. I was invited to give a presentation on rving in Mexico at the Rv.Net Rally in the Rio Grande Valley. I know I said I would post some pictures and I do have them. I just can't find my cable. I think I left it in a hotel in Sinaloa. Anyway, I will do it this weekend.
I had a great time putting faces to user names on the Rv.Net. It was fantastic. I have been a member since 2004 but have only met a few couples and I have been fortunate to make long-term friends and we do keep in touch.
I believe that most of the people there have no interest in Mexico, but there were some that really showed an some spark and came up to me after the presentation and said how excited they were to know that the opportunity exists.
I have to admit that I haven't given a presentation to Americans or native English speakers in over 20 years since I left the states and I was a bit nervous. Also, I seemed to grasp for words that I now not normally use in English. It was a challenge but I am hoping to do it again sometime next year but with my friends from Mexican Immigration and the Aduana Mexicana. I may just have a seminar this year in November at the convention center in South Padre Island.
Dreams really do come true and one of mine is to show rvers all about Mexico!
BTW, some of the comments posted recently are very interesting. I hope that John will contact me and we can make arrangements for them to visit Mexico. I would love to give them a tour.

2 comments:

  1. I sent you an email just before your wrote your last two posts....check and see if you got it.

    my blog:
    www.thehowserhouse@blogspot.com

    email:
    use2bbandman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, buy one of those cheap little USB devices that you slip the camera memory into and plug into the computer. They work great and are much easier on the camera battery. It will be cheaper than a replacement cable.

    ReplyDelete