Friday, August 15, 2008

La Quincena - Remax - The Weekend

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com



Today is la quincena, payday and it happens to land on a Friday. You want to see a city in chaos, come to Monterrey on this day. People in Mexico are paid on the 15th and the last day of the month, not every two weeks (general rule). And in this town, restaurants, bars, theaters, department stores and the avenues will be full of people waiting to "spend that dough". I try to make it a point to be home on Fridays before three in the afternoon.


Remax is coming to the house tomorrow to take pictures and to finalize the contract. Wow, things are really starting to happen. I never thought retirement could be so exciting. Bigger and better things are yet to come. It will be a new beginning for me.


So basically, this weekend will be a relaxing one. I have my work cut out for me today and I hope to get it all done. I really am good at doing very little but not for very long. Give me Saturday afternoon and Sunday and that will be pretty much all the inactivity I can take.


The physical therapist really helped me quite a bit last night. I went to the gym this morning and did the exercise routine they gave me before taking the spinning class. My foot and leg feel much better and walking is easier. If this keeps up, I may be back to my old self soon. Pain is a terrible thing.
Georgia

I really shouldn't bring this subject up, but the crisis in Georgia has really put me into a funk. Powerful people are scary, we have seen them work throughout history and it appears something big may be on the horizon. It may also be a good thing that Iraq is occupying the U.S. military and their allies. I would hate to see this escalate from a skirmish gone wrong to something bigger. History repeats itself.
Forgive me for saying this, but I kind of get a bit bent out of shape when the U.S. makes the decision to tell people what to do. Too much power is a bad thing especially when your own house is in such a disarray. JMHO

Found a coral snake in the pool last night. There were problems trying to save the guy and get him out of the pool. This snake is very poisonous and I was worried the cats might find it and play with it. Needless to say, the snake is no longer living. It hurts me to have to do that but I feel I had no other choice.

Okay, on to a lighter note. I took a follow up picture of the bridge construction. As you may or may not remember (something so important as this little bridge near my house, ha ha) it took three months to complete one side. Well the other is going up even faster and traffic is flowing "just like butter". Take a look.





Please Don't Forget To Take The Survey

Someone suggested I use an online translater. Sorry, but they can't do the work of the human mind. It cannot digest culturally sensitive words or Mexican Spanish.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, what is going on in Georgia has saddened me so much. Can you imagine sitting at home with your family and realize you are being bombed. To leave all you have known and have to flee for your life. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete