Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lazy Saturday

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

With the heat hovering around 104F yesterday and again today there isn't too much sense in doing a whole lot of activity. I did go to Allende yesterday and we still haven't installed the electric yet. I used a 5000 btu air conditioner in the living room yesterday afternoon and closed off both bedrooms. It worked great. Even better, after I went to the movies and came home I opened up the bedroom too and that little a/c kept the whole house cool. I am using the Honda 2000 and it ran last night for 9 hours on one gallon of gas. Not bad considering the compressor probably never shut off. It even got a little cold during the night. The temp this morning was 82F outside and when I went to bed at 11pm it was still 89F. I did try to run the rooftop air on the Honda shutting down everything else but it just isn't big enough. The contractor is supposed to contact me this weekend to do the electric install.

I did get a picture of the underneath after it was lifted off the ground with blocks and railroad ties. It may not be that pretty to look at now, but once the deck is up and painted it will take on a whole different look.

The workers did some landscaping and cut the grass this last week and it is starting to shape up. I am still working on the design for the driveway and the front of the property, a nice wall and a gate of some kind.


After I took the pictures I showered up, closed up the trailer and disconnected the battery. I forgot to do that last week and it was dead yesterday. Now it is all charged up. The slides are really something. For those of you who have always had slides it may not be a luxury, but for me it really makes a home out of the space. I headed for home around 9 a.m. only to find this guy getting ready for a bath by the pool. Beautiful colors.

I guess I'll hang out in the living room today and take a dip in the pool now and then.Enjoy your Saturday and if you are in a hot place, stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment